ONE: Set your primary playlist to random and shuffle it.
TWO: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play (or more, if you like), no matter how embarrassing the song. If you want to, skip instrumentals, songs that have the title in the first line and songs that aren't in the first language of the majority of your flist (it makes it easier for most).
THREE: Tag people if you want, but anyone is allowed to guess the answers.
FOUR: Strike through and add the artist and title below the lyric when someone gets one right.
FIVE: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is cheating. Please don't.
In addition to the list in rule #2 I'm leaving out songs with spoken intros since i wasn't sure if I should post the first actual line or the first line sung. I'm going to be really surprised if a couple of these get guessed since they are really obscure and nerdy but there are some gimmes in there too. .
- Galileo turned his thoughtful gaze onto the stars
- It was time to make the donuts. It was very, very early.
- You've just been introduced. I do not know you well.
- There's antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium...
Bangkok, oriental city, and the city don't know what the city is getting(One Night in Bangkok from the musical Chess - Guessed by Macavitykitsune)
- Fat and docile, big and dumb, they look so stupid, they aren't much fun.
- Over in Killarney, many years ago
- I was in love the moment that I saw you
- I'm all out of hope one more bad dream could bring a fall
- Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnny Ray, South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
- Well a Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar one evening fair
- Oh, my love, my darling, I've hungered for your touch a long lonely time
- I ain't afraid of no Freddy down on Elm Street
- If you visit American city you will find it very pretty
- Faith, you're driving me away
- You can dwell in a time that that is long before when life was as it should be
- I buried my past down by the water's edge
- Let me tell you sonny, let me set you straight, you kids today ain't never had it rough.
- Whenever life gets you down, keeps you wearing a frown, and the gravy train has left you behind
In the town where I was born lived a man who sailed the sea(Yellow Submarine by the Beetles - Guessed by kiki_in_love )